The Golf R: Everything You Are Looking For.
Breathtaking. Exhilarating. Astonishing
Volkswagen Golf R: What's New for 2018?
The Volkswagen Golf R is back and better than ever for the 2018 model year! Featuring advanced technology, fresh styling and more potent performance than ever before, the new 2018 VW Golf R is being hyped as a complete game-changer within the sport compact segment. Learn more about what's new for 2018 in the Volkswagen Golf R, and reserve your new Golf R at our Volkswagen dealership in San Antonio, TX!
New Features in 2018 VW Golf R: The Highlights
- Refreshed front and rear styling
- New seven-speed DSG® automatic transmission available
- Latest-generation 4Motion® all-wheel-drive system
- New 8-inch touchscreen display for MIB II infotainment system
- People First Warranty with 6-year or 72,000-mile "bumper-to-bumper" limited warranty coverage1
2018 Volkswagen Golf R: Style
From the outside-in, the new 2018 Volkswagen Golf R features a slew of stylistic elements that will set you apart on the road. The new Golf R includes unique bumpers, side skirts, a rear spoiler and dual-exit chrome tips to give it a sporty look. Plus, 19-inch "Englishtown" aluminum alloy wheels offer a cool effect. Inside, drivers will enjoy front sport seats with 12-way power adjustment, as well as newly redesigned leather seating surfaces featuring the "R" logo embroidering. More of the stylistic elements of the new 2018 Golf R that you can look forward to include:
- LED daytime headlights and daytime running lamps
- Modified radiator grille with "R" logo
- Flat-bottom, leather-wrapped sport steering wheel
- Digital cockpit with high-resolution 12.3-inch color screen
- Ambient lighting
- Doorsill kickplates, pedals and foot support designed with a stainless-steel look
2018 Volkswagen Golf R: Technology
No matter where you're heading in your new 2018 VW Golf R, you'll enjoy the road ahead thanks to standard MIB II infotainment technologies. On an all-new, glass-covered 8-inch Discover Media touchscreen display, you'll be able to sync up to compatible devices, use Bluetooth® to make calls, see photos from your phone or listen to your favorite music via SiriusXM® Satellite Radio. At the same time, Volkswagen Car-Net offers a number of features that will connect you to your car remotely, use your smartphone apps on your infotainment system and keep you safe and secure on the road. Safety features such as Automatic Crash Notification and Family Guardian will help protect you from the unexpected. More tech features in the new Golf R include:
- Rearview camera
- Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Monitoring (Front Assist)
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert
- Lane Departure Warning (Lane Assist)
- Park Distance Control with Maneuver braking (ParkPilot)
2018 Volkswagen Golf: Engine Specs & Performance
When you're behind the wheel of the new Volkswagen Golf R, you'll want to get out on the highway and enjoy the thrill of the road time and time again! The Golf R comes equipped with a four-cylinder turbocharged TSI® 2.0-liter engine that boasts 292 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque. In the 2018 Golf R model, you'll also find a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission with Tiptronic®, the most advanced transmission offered by VW. Altogether, the new Golf R achieves an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 29 mpg highway.2 More of the standard and available performance perks in the new Golf R include:
- 4Motion® all-wheel-drive system
- Sport suspension
- Driving Mode Selection with Normal, Individual, Eco, Race and Comfort modes
- ESC Sport mode
- Intelligent Crash Response System
Get ready for new adventures through San Antonio and beyond in the new 2018 Volkswagen Golf R! Reserve your Golf R today at North Park Volkswagen.
1 6 years/72,000 miles (whichever occurs first) New Vehicle Limited Warranty on MY2018 VW vehicles, excluding e-Golf. Claim based on manufacturers’ published data on length and transferability of car and SUV Bumper-to-Bumper/Basic warranty only. Not based on other separate warranties. See owner’s literature or dealer for warranty exclusions and limitations.
2 Based on 2018 EPA mileage/highway estimates and driving range ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your MPGe/MPG and driving range will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery age/condition, and other factors. For additional information about EPA ratings, visit http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/label/learn-more-PHEV-label.shtml